On 26th May 2016, This was Dinner…
If you plan your weekly meals as I do, this is one of those where you think ‘Did I really put that on the list this week?’. It doesn’t sound much but it is the simplicity of this dish which makes it so bloody lovely!
- Halve or quarter some baby new potatoes, depending on their size
- Bash a few of garlic cloves
- Take the woody ends of some asparagus
- Cut the halloumi into cubes
- Roughly chop some parsley
- Get lemon, oil & seasoning ready
- Preheat the oven to 190°c (fan)
Throw it together…
Put the potatoes in a baking tray and add oil and seasoning, toss well then add the garlic cloves. Pop in the oven and roast for about 30 minutes.
Add the asparagus and the halloumi and toss again then put back in the oven and cook for around another 15 minutes. (Don’t put in a small baking tray, you want everything spread out well.)
Dish it up…
In bowls with a good squeeze of lemon, a scattering of the parsley and a little more seasoning if required.
Can be found in Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall’s Five Good Things.