On 16th March 2016, This was Dinner…
I know that these are not presented in the best way possible but take it from me when I say these are good. Very good. If I could eat another bowl of these right now I would. I’ve made another very good lamb kofta curry before but wanted to try a different recipe.
- Toast some fennel seeds
- Peel a couple of garlic cloves
- Peel & roughly chop some ginger and grate another small piece
- Roughly chop a couple of green chillies
- Peel & roughly chop a shallot, finely chop another
- Get lamb mince, garam masala, turmeric, tin of chopped tomatoes, natural yoghurt, oil & seasoning ready
Throw it together…
Pop the garlic, roughly chopped ginger, chillies & roughly chopped shallot into a small processor and whizz up.
Mix with the mince and the fennel seeds. Season and roll into small balls. Cover and chill.
Heat some oil in a pan and then add the finely chopped shallot and cook for a few minutes. Add the grated ginger, along with the turmeric and garam masala and cook for a few more minutes.
Add the tin of tomatoes along with a little water. Simmer for a few minutes then pop the meatballs in, cover and cook for around 15 minutes, stirring a few times to get the meatballs coated.
Dish it up…
We served ours with brown rice, a dollop of the yoghurt and a sprinkling of coriander.
Did I say I could eat this right now? Oh yes, sorry! Anyway, the original Delicious Magazine recipe can be found here.