On 11th February 2016, This was Dinner…
I should have cooked the potatoes last night for this, then it would have been a quickie dinner, but I didn’t, so much for organisation!
So if you did it, cook your potatoes in advance.
- Preheat the oven to 180°c (fan)
- Halve or quarter some new potatoes (depending on their size)
- Slice some chestnut, portobello & oyster mushrooms
- Crush a couple of garlic cloves
- Prepare some vegetable stock
- Boil the kettle
- Get baby spinach, wholegrain mustard, ground nutmeg, crème fraîche, filo pastry, oil & seasoning ready
Throw it together…
Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until just cook.
Pop the spinach in a colander and pour the boiling water from the potatoes as you drain them over the spinach to wilt.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the mushrooms until golden. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
Stir some of the mustard through then add a pinch of nutmeg along with the stock and potatoes.
Bring to the boil and reduce it a little then remove from the heat.
Season and add the crème fraîche and spinach.
Tip it into a pie dish.
Whilst it cools a little, brush the pasty with oil then cut the sheets into smaller pieces to scrunch and place on top of the pie.
Cook for about 20 minutes.
Dish it up…
With whatever you fancy really but there was loads so we had it on it’s own.
Original recipe here.