On 16th September 2015, This was Dinner…
Although these look magnificent, they were a little underwhelming. Probably more down to mood than anything else, it had been a bad day. So I wouldn’t really say I’ve found a Donna Hay recipe I don’t like – I’d say I should have had comfort food on this particular evening.
- Quarter some tomatoes (or use good cherry ones and halve them – see my nore below)
- Shred some basil leaves
- Shave some parmesan cheese
- Break up some goats cheese
- Get some shop bought shortcrust pastry to room temp
- Preheat the oven to 180ºc (fan)
- Get rocket, balsamic vinegar, honey, caster sugar. oil & seasoning ready
Roll out the pastry and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
Heat a pan and add balsamic vinegar, honey and a little sugar. Stir well and heat for a while to thicken up slightly.
Top the pastry with the goats cheese and tomatoes. Sprinkle with oil and season well. Cook for 25 minutes.
Remove from the oven and stack up the rocket and basil leaves. Add the parmesan shavings then drizzle with your glaze.I should
probably definitely have used a better tomato too but I just used what I had in the fridge.