On 5th August 2015, This was Dinner…
It seems I’m ploughing through the Donna Hay recipes. This one caught my eye after enjoying my very first full baked sea bass, I thought I’d do it again. And look, it’s more sweet potatoes.
I did do mine differently as I preferred to bake the sea bass.
- Grate some ginger
- Zest and juice a lime
- Finely slice a red chilli
- Finely slice a couple of sweet potatoes (I used a mandolin)
- Pick a couple of coriander leaves
- Preheat the oven to 190ºc (fan)
- Get fish sauce, vegetable oil & seasoning ready
Oil and season the fish, squeeze over a little lime juice and pop in a baking dish and cook for 20-25 minutes.
Pop some oil (around 1cm high) in a large frying pan. Heat the oil and cook the potato pieces until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and allow to drain on kitchen paper,. sprinkling with a little salt as you go.
Mix the chilli and ginger with some oil, caster sugar and fish sauce and serve drizzled over the fish. Garnish with a couple of coriander leaves.