On 24th July 2015, This was Dinner…
It’s so easy to buy a curry off the shelf, there are plenty of tasty ones but it’s oh so easy to whip up a curry like this too. I was lucky that Mr S did all of the prep.
- Peel & finely slice a couple of lemongrass stalks
- Finely chop some garlic cloves
- Finely chop a couple of shallots
- Deseed & peel a butternut squash, cut into cubes
- Halve some baby new potatoes
- Slice a green chilli
- Cut some chicken thighs into pieces
- Prep some chicken stock
- Get curry powder, turmeric, coconut milk, sugar, fish sauce & seasoning ready
Whizz up the garlic and lemongrass in a processor.
Heat a large pan and add the oil. Add the shallots and cook for a few minutes to soften. Add the garlic and lemongrass mixture and stir for a minute or two. Stir in the curry powder and turmeric and cook for about 30 seconds. Add the chicken and stir well. Pour in the stock.
Bring to the boil then add the potatoes and squash. Season, cover and cook for about 20-25 minutes.
Add the coconut milk, sugar and the fish sauce then cook for another 5-10 minutes ensuring the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are tender.
Garnish with the green chilli.