On 20th July 2015, This was Dinner…
A perfect summer dish with one of my favourite flavours – fennel.
- Heat the oven to 180ºc (fan)
- Trim some bone in pork chops
- Finely slice a couple of shallots
- Cut a fennel bulb into 8 wedges
- Cut a lemon into four. Juice another half a lemon
- Drain & rinse a tin of black eyed beans
- Lightly crush some fennel seeds
- Tear some basil
- Get white wine, butter, cherry tomatoes, oil & seasoning ready
Pop some of the oil and butter in an ovenproof pan and heat. Season the chops and add to the pan, cook for a minute each side then remove.
Add the shallot to the pan along with the fennel and cook for a few minutes. Throw in a glass of wine and let it reduce. Add the lemon wedges. Pop the lid on and transfer to the oven for 10 minutes.
Add the tomatoes and the beans and place the chops on top. Pop back in the oven and cook for about 15 minutes.
Remove the chops and stir through the lemon juice and fennel seeds.
Serve with the torn basil.