On 21st June 2015, This was Dinner…
This was another winner from Nigella’s Kitchen book. After fish & chips then pizza yesterday, we needed something a little lighter.
- Slice a few spring onions
- Finely slice a piece of pork tenderloin, then cut into strips
- Finely chop a red chilli
- Grate a piece of ginger
- Juice a lime
- Bash a garlic clove
- Tear up some pal choi leaves
- Prepare some chicken stock
- Get beansprouts, rice noodles, soy sauce, paprika, fish sauce, oil & seasoning ready
Mix together the lime juice, soy sauce, paprika and fish sauce. Pour over the pork and mix well. Leave to stand for no longer than 15 minutes.
Cook the rice noodles according to the instructions then drain and refresh in cold water.
Heat a pan and add the oil. Pop the garlic clove in the pan. Fry the spring onion and ginger for a minute then add the pork along with the liquids and stir for a few minutes.
Add the chicken stock and bring to the boil.
Cook for another 5-10 minutes, ensuring the pork is cooked through. Check for seasoning.
Add the noodles, beansprouts and pak choi and cook for another few minutes.
Serve with a sprinkling of red chilli.