On 9th June 2015, This was Dinner…
I think this must be one of the best vegetarian dishes I have ever made.
- Chop an onion
- Chop some mushrooms, I used closed cup and chestnut
- Chop a green chilli
- Drain and rinse a can of mixed beans
- Drain and rinse a can of chickpeas
- Roughly chop some coriander
- Get sun dried tomato paste, tikka curry paste, plain flour, white wine, a tin of chopped tomatoes, mango chutney, oil & seasoning ready
Heat the oil in a pan and add the onion, cook until starting to soften.
Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the tikka and sun dried tomato paste along with some plain flour. Stir well for a couple of minutes to cook out.
Turn the heat up a little and add a glass of the wine, stir well, stirring the pan as you go. When it’s almost all gone, add the tomatoes and half a can of water. Cook for 10 minutes with the lid on.
Add the mixed beans, chickpeas and the chilli. (You might need to add a little more water.) Season and stick the lid back on and cook for another 10 minutes.
Add the mango chutney and cook for a couple more minutes then serve with a sprinkle of the coriander.
We have some left, it’s not enough for another meal for us both but I’ll probably bulk it out with some potatoes and some form of meat.
On Wednesday I was feeling l
azy tired so I bought a couple of pizzas from Morrisons and bunged them in the oven.