On 17th May 2015, This was Dinner…
One of Jamie’s revelations this one! I wanted to use rhubarb in something as it’s in season and found this one. So delicious and the pork was just phenomenal.
- Remove the rind (and bones) from a piece of pork belly and cut into cubes
- Finely slice some spring onions
- Finely slice a red chilli & roughly chop a couple more
- Roughly chop some coriander
- Roughly chop some rhubarb
- Peel & roughly chop some ginger
- Peel a few garlic cloves
- Preheat the oven to 160ºc (fan)
- Get egg noodles, limes, runny honey, soy sauce, five spice powder, oil & seasoning ready
Whizz up the rhubarb, honey, soy sauce, garlic, the two roughly chopped chillis, five spice powder and ginger in a processor.
Pop the pork in a roasting dish and cover with the rhubarb marinade, adding a glass of water. Mix well, cover tightly with foil and roast for an hour and half.
Remove the pork from the pan and set aside.
My sauce had started to dry out a little so I added a little more water and seasoned it well. Pop the sauce on a very gentle heat to keep warm.
Cook the noodles according to the packet.
Get a pan on high and add oil. Cook the pork in batches until starting to crisp.
Serve the pork on top of the noodles, drizzled with the sauce and topped with the spring onions, chilli and coriander. Give it a squeeze of lime and dig in. As Jamie says – perfect!
It’s from Jamie at Home but you can also find it on his website.