On 9th April 2015, This was Dinner…
It feels good to be back up to date on the blog. I’ve only done a three day week at work this week and the sun is supposedly going to shine tomorrow and I’m going to make the most of it by getting my side of the gardening sorted.
I’m also seeing my cousin Charlotte and it’s going to be a case of when Tilly me Walter. I hope it goes well.
As with yesterday, this is a Bill Granger Easy recipe
- Lightly toast some fresh breadcrumbs
- Toast some blanched almonds
- Deseed & chop a couple of red peppers
- Bash and peel about half a dozen garlic cloves
- Grate some manchego
- Chop some parsley
- Preheat the oven to 190ºc (fan)
- Get pork chops, cornmeal, milk, chilli flakes, balsamic vinegar, olive oil & seasoning ready
Pop the peppers and garlic on a baking tray and drizzle with oil. Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes. Let it cool slightly.
Put it all in a processor, along with the almonds, chilli flakes, vinegar, oil & seasoning and pulse. You don’t want it smooth, leave some nice chunky bits in there.
Mix the cheese with the parsley and breadcrumbs then season it. Coat the pork in the cornmeal, then the milk, then the cheese mixture.
Heat some oil in a pan and cook the pork for a couple of minutes each side then transfer to a baking tray and cook for around six to eight minutes.
Serve the pork with a good dollop of the sauce.