On 19th March 2015, This was Dinner…
I’ve had this one and blogged about it before, it’s a great way to serve and omelette and really quite filling.
- Finely slice (or mandolin) an onion
- Finely slice some white cabbage
- Finely slice a carrot
- Finely slice a red chilli
- Grate some good extra mature cheddar (I recommend Wooky Hole Cave Aged)
- Whisk up 3 eggs (per omelette) in a jug
- Get natural yoghurt, avocado, limes, oil & seasoning ready
Season the eggs.
Put the onion, cabbage, carrot and chilli in a bowl.
Put the flesh of the avocado in a processor and squeeze in the lime juice, add the yoghurt and a little oil then whizz up until smooth. Add some seasoning.
Pour this over the cabbage mixture and toss well to coat.
Heat some oil in a pan and pour in the eggs to cook the omelette.
Transfer gently to a plate then add the slaw to one half, top with a good bit of the cheddar and fold over.
Serve and enjoy!