On 6th December 2014, This was Dinner…
I haven’t had chorizo for over a month, I’m surprised I could function! What a way to serve it though. This was so good and the bits of squid we had were so very tasty. I just bought a couple of tubes from the market that needed slicing into rings.
- Slice up a chorizo
- Slice up a couple of squid tubes
- Drain and rinse some cannellini beans
- Prepare some chicken stock
- Prepare some plain flour with smoked paprika & seasoning
- Get smoked paprika, rocket, lemon, oil & seasoning ready
Heat some oil in a pan and fry the chorizo until starting to crisp up. Add the beans in and some smoked paprika along with the stock and the beans. Bring to the boil then simmer until almost all of the stock has evaporated. Season.
Toss the squid in the seasoned flour and get rid of any excess. Heat a pan and add oil until hot then throw in the squid in batches, it will take hardly no time to cook, turning once.
Serve with the rocket and a squeeze of lemon juice.
I dug this out an old Saturday Kitchen cook book.