On 10th November 2014, This was Dinner…
This couldn’t have been more simple, which is a good job as I prepared it yesterday in the delicate state. It’s from Bill Grangers Easy.
- heat the oven to 190ºc (fan)
- quarter some shallots
- finely slice a chilli
- bash a few garlic cloves
- prepare some beef stock
- get seasoning ready
- (for when eating) roughly chop some mushrooms
- (for when eating) chop some parsley
- (for when eating boil the kettle
- (for when eating) get butter, oil and the gnocchi ready
It couldn’t be simpler. Throw the first 5 items in an ovenproof casserole dish, bring to the boil then pop a lid on and transfer to the oven for 3 hours.
When ready to eat, cook the gnocchi according to the instructions.
Fry the mushrooms in butter and oil.
Add the mushrooms to the goulash and serve with the gnocchi and a sprinkling of parsley.