On 14th October 2014, This was dinner…
(Mood level – great!)
I really should start making a note of which cheeses I am buying, this blue Stilton was really good and I’d like to give it credit.
- Roughly chop some chestnut mushrooms
- Chop (or crumble) some Stilton
- Bash a couple of garlic cloves
- Get some spinach, butter, oil, eggs, ready-made pancakes* & seasoning ready
Cook the spinach in a dry pan to wilt. Pop in a sieve to cool and squeeze out the excess water.
Melt the butter in the pan and cook the mushrooms with the garlic and some seasoning. When they are cooked to your liking add the spinach and Stilton.
Fry the eggs to your liking and warm the pancakes according to the instructions.
Serve the mushroom mixture on top of the pancake, top with the egg and a little seasoning.
I managed two of these.
The Delicious magazine recipe can be found here.
* I know it’s simple to make a pancake but these were only £1.50 from Sainsburys and it saved having to clean three pans.