On 22nd September 2014, This was dinner…
Mr S did the market shop alone this week. When requesting some blue cheese from our cheese stall he was told “that’s very strong blue cheese” to which he replied “it’s OK, I’m doing the shopping”
I had to have the tiniest of pieces on my salad as it was far too bloody strong for me! That’s it. He’s not having chicken for a month!
- Make a lemon & wholegrain mustard dressing
- Cut some walnut bread into chunks
- Cut some blue cheese into pieces (very small pieces in my case)
- Mix natural yoghurt with parsley and seasoning
- Get baby spinach, rocket, oil & bacon ready
Fry your bacon in a dry pan, pop on some kitchen paper.
Fry the pieces of bread in the bacon fat until golden.
In a bowl put baby spinach and rocket and drizzle with the lemon and mustard dressing.
Add the blue cheese and croutons.
Roughly chop the bacon and add to the salad.
Top with the yoghurt dressing.
Nice but a milder blue cheese for me next time.